My weekly visit to the care home to give the ladies a hand massage found them sitting in the lounge all looking around for their afternoon tea. Tea is usually served at three and it was a few minutes after so there was much muttering.
When tea did arrive a small group of ladies all sitting together in the corner, Babs, Joan and Maud, had noticed no biscuits today. They waited patiently but the carer never returned. When I next turned around Babs had disappeared . She returned with some small packets of wrapped biscuits from her room and shared them with Joan and Maud who sit either side of her.
Every time I glanced across at them they were grinning like three naughty children and brushing the crumbs from their mouths.
New management took over at Christmas and so far I have only seen a new door bell and new visitors book as changes but maybe they are cutting back and the afternoon biscuits have been chopped.
If this is the case I know three ladies who will not go without as long as someone is visiting and taking in biscuits. Maybe next week I shall have a packet in my massage bag :)
No comments:
Post a Comment